Monday, March 2, 2015

these are a few of my favorite things...-Liz

I had a great day on Sunday. One of my husbands cousins from Wisconsin was visiting with her husband, daughter, and her boyfriend, and what did they want to do for the one day they were visiting us? They asked to go hiking. I couldn't believe it when my husband told me this, I was giddy with excitement and anticipation of sharing the local trails with them. It also gave me new test subjects to share my dehydrated food with. They braved the dehydrated shrimp and didn't spit it out! For the hike at Castle Rock we snacked on pumpkin bark, cinnamon apples, latte bars, and peanut butter energy bars. The weather was perfect, the views out to Santa Cruz and the coast were incredible and the company was wonderful. Of course after the hike we went home and drank a few beers, what else would good Wisconsinites do. A very filling Mexican dinner completed the night. So in one day I got to take a hike with friends and family, drink beer, and eat Mexican food.
these are a few of my favorite things

1 comment: