Thursday, February 19, 2015

Got Meals?-Liz

Usually when I think about making my menu and grocery list its for 3-4 days, now I'm trying to wrap my head around a menu list for 4 1/2 months. That's 131 days, 3 meals a day=393 meals! I can take off a few for days we're in town, so now I'm at approx. 380 meals. Much better...not. I've spent the last few month's hoarding and collecting food thats been on sale at the supermarket. I've got quite the selection of instant potatos, 10 for $10, you can't beat that. Yesterday I came home to find a huge box of dehydrated meals gifted to me from Neal and Vicky H.. I was salivating as I opened the box and pulled out stroganoff, chili mac, enchilada, pasta alfredo, chicken ala king, and numerous other wonderful meals. I'm in awe of their generousity. Thank you, thank you. If you've ever backpacked you know as soon as your on the trail you start talking about food and what your next meal will be. I love potatos, I'm half Irish after all, but these meals will go a
long way to enjoying our adventure.
I still have many meals to prep and my dehydrater has been working overtime so off I go to read cookbooks, buy ingredients, chop food, dehydrate, and bag and seal. Good times ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment