Monday, February 9, 2015

Permit Envy-Liz

For those that don't know, you need a long distance permit for a PCT thru-hike, and Melinda and I have been waiting anxiously for the PCTA to open the registration. The website said "sometime in early February" so of course we've been looking since February 1st. On February 5th I opened the website and was overjoyed to see they had just begun the registration process and I started to fill out the questionnaire. When I got to the part were you pick your starting date I was shocked to see our date was already filled, I had no idea they had a quota limit each day. I immediately called Melinda and luckily she answered her phone, no small feat considering she's not a slave to her cell phone and actually ignores it sometimes. We decided to try for another day and with shaky hands we both managed to fill out the permit correctly. The pressure was intense since they only give you a few minutes to complete it before you're timed out. I was so envious of all the
hikers before me that got their permits and all I had this day was a confirmation. But today, February 9th I can rejoice and shout to the world that I, Liz Hasenberg, have received my long distance PCT permit. As Melinda reminded me, "we have to go now, its official"

No comments:

Post a Comment