Monday, February 9, 2015

We Are Official - Melinda

We received our PCT permits today. Yay! When we applied for the permits
April 15 was not available. Our new departure date is April 14. I
can't believe it's only two months away.

There is a a lot of planning to do. I go to bed at night thinking about
trail food. Planning four months of food, three meals a day plus
snacks, is hard. We not only have to know what we want to eat, but it
has to be ready before we go so that it can be mailed when we need it.
I'm hoping to make a lot of my own meals, so I will be dehydrating food
like crazy now.

Then there is gear. I still have a few more items that I need to
purchase including at least one more pair of boots. I plan on wearing
hiking boots since I'm not as young as I used to be and I want to keep
my ankles protected.

Last Saturday I completed my first day of a two day Wilderness First Aid
Class. Very good information that I hope I never have to use. I did pay
close attention to the blister prevention and treatment, since I know
that I will not be able to avoid blisters.

I too visited my podiatrist. I have Neuromas in both feet. Its been my
right foot has been bothering me lately. So last week I got a Cortisone
shot in the right foot. The next step is alcohol treatment. Not as fun
as it sounds. I won't be doing shots of tequila. It will be literal
shots of an alcohol solution into the nerve. A few of these
injections should permanently numb the nerve.

No comments:

Post a Comment