Monday, July 6, 2015

Day 82 - Mile 1103.24 to 1120.4 - Mel

July 5

Woke up last night to what I thought was the sound of thunder. When it didn't stop I realized it must be the fireworks on Tahoe. 

It was slow going up Dick's Pass. One because I had cell service and tried to post to the blog. Then I figured I should check in at home after my stormy day yesterday. I also had to stop for all the magnificent views, the beautiful wildflowers, butterflies and birds. 


I had lunch at Middle Velma Lake. It gave me chance to dry out my tent. It didn't rain last night but I had a lot of condensation. 

Most of the afternoon was spent hiking through forest. I had one deer bound across the trail in front of me. 

Didn't see too many people today and started feeling kind of lonely. Then I remembered it was Sunday and realized God was walking with me. It made for a very peaceful hike. I actually took time to enjoy the beauty around me. 

5 comments:

  1. Wow Mel, what a realization that we never are alone even when we feel lonely! Thank God! Keeping you in my prayers! Good luck! Kena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that trail loneliness, as I backpack alone too. Another thing that always makes be feel better is to look at the moon at night, and know my husband is looking at the same one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This follower is enjoying your walk. So, even though you are walking alone, you do have followers that are enjoying your journey. The lupines are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adventure! Godspeed. I was hiking up a steep trail outside of Haines Alaska yesterday and thought about all that you've been doing. You rock! Wish I could join you in Beldon, will still be in Alaska. Happy Trails!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your posts, but this one is so special. I keep coming back to re-read it. Thank you for sharing your adventure and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete