Saturday, July 11, 2015

Day 87 - Mile 1195.4 to 1206.2 - Mel

July 10

Still woke up at 5:30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. Made coffee, watched the news and replanned resupplies. 

Had breakfast at the lodge and then packed up and headed to the Post Office to pick up my really heavy box. I should be able to get to Belden in five days, but it feels like I packed for ten. I do need to eat more....

The weather was not looking promising and some reports said there was a 50% chance of thunderstorms and showers. I decided to head on out though. Mainly because Herringtons was booked for tonight. 

It was a big climb today from 4500' to 7400'. Started out switchbacks in the trees and then went to a gradual climb up a rocky, treeless mountainside. I'm glad it was cloudy today.  

I didn't start on the trail until 1pm and only went a little over ten miles. I'm not alone tonight and I'm glad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment