Friday, July 17, 2015

Day 91 - Mile 1258.2 to 1275.2

July 14

We were camped near some dirt roads and a car went by some time during the night. That just freaks me out. I feel much better out in the middle of nowhere. 

Said goodbye to the G's, took my Ibuprofen and headed out.  

Lightened up my pack just a little last night when Twotone came into camp and said she was running low on food.  I gave her some of my snacks. 

I decided to take a coffee break today. Snack time was at a small stream so that I didn't have to carry the water to make a cup. It was a very pleasant stop. 

I did have to take more Ibuprofen soon after that. I feel like I'm eating the stuff like candy. It really helps with the hiking.  I can get in the miles in that I want, but when it wears off.......

I had wanted to camp about six miles from Belden because it's a big descent and I don't know what the trail is like. I ended up camping at Clear Creek though.  That way I didn't have to carry the extra water for dinner and breakfast, and fill up my Gatorade bottle for tomorrow's hike. The campsite I had been aiming for was another 2.5 miles away and waterless. With the extra weight I probably wouldn't have gotten there until 7:30 and I didn't think I'd feel like setting up camp and fixing dinner. 



No comments:

Post a Comment