Friday, July 17, 2015

Day 90 - Mile 1240.4 to 1258.2 - Mel

July 13

Hobbling more this morning. As usual slow getting going. 

It was down hill to the Middle Fork of the Feather River. There was a bridge over the river so I didn't have to worry about how I was goin to get across. 


I stopped on the north side of the bridge for a snack, but was too tired (and lazy-let's be honest) to walk down to the river to get water. I had enough to get to the next creek and my dirty socks could wait until then to get rinsed out. 

The uphill started here. The first three miles to Bear Creek weren't bad. I did stop here for water and lunch. Got my socks rinsed and soaked my feet. Also washed a layer of dirt off my legs. They'll be filthy again by the time I stop for the day. The rock that I sat down on to do all this had a water snake on it. I felt kind of bad that I took his spot. 

It was nice to get a little rest since the next seven miles were climbing. It wasn't a steep climb but it was steady and tiring. 

Once again I had a stopping place in mind and when I got there He G and She G (one of the Canadian couples was there). I was glad to camp with them since they will be getting off tomorrow to go to Quincy to rest and resupply. 



No comments:

Post a Comment