Friday, July 17, 2015

Day 92 - Mile 1275.2 to 1284.3 - Mel

July 15

I'm going to Belden today!! I'm going to see Diane and Jennifer (sister and niece), eat some real food, go to Chico, get a shower and sleep in a real bed. Can you tell I'm excited?

Only nine miles to go, but I went from just under 6200' to 2300' in that nine miles. Even when nothing hurts and I haven't already walked 1200 miles downhill is hard on me. Fortunately the trail was nice, not rocky, and a lot of switchbacks. 


It was hot today too. The first part of hike was in the sun, but soon I was under the cover of trees. 

I made it to Belden around 12:30. Greg had sent a message that Jennifer and Diane wouldn't be getting there until 2:30. This gave me time to eat. I had a chicken sandwich with bacon, pepper jack cheese and ranch dressing on grilled sourdough. Washed that down with a couple of Sierra Nevadas. Life is good. 

Soon after I finished my lunch my ride showed up. I was so excited to see the two of them. Jennifer is now an official trail angel as she also gave two girls from London a ride into Chico and the nearest sporting goods store. 






No comments:

Post a Comment