Thursday, July 9, 2015

Day 86 - Mile 1179.3 to 1195.2 - Mel

July 9

Got all zipped and cinched into my sleeping bag last night when the rain started. Couldn't get myself out to close the tent "door."  I've been leaving it open to help with my condensation issues. One of the problems of having a single walled tent. 

It was beautiful this morning and I was the last out of camp today. I figured that I couldn't make it to the Sierra City Post Office by their 2pm closing, so why rush. 

The rain didn't start until about noon. Once again it stopped as soon as I got my rain gear on. Including my very fashionable skirt. 

As walked through a lush forest in the drizzle, listening to the thunder overhead and eating a Snickers Bar I realized that life was very good. I like hiking with the thunder. It keeps me company. I don't like the lightning though. 



The rain got heavier as I neared highway 49. By the time I got into Sierra City, a mile and a half walk from the PCT, I was soaked. I got a burger at the General Store and the last room at the Herrington Motel. Another quarter mile down the road. I'm clean and dry tonight!

2 comments:

  1. You're doing great!!! It's fun to read your updates, but really, rain? In California? Do you expect us to believe that? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to hear your voice mail tonite! We will see you at Belden~ Rest well!

    ReplyDelete