Thursday, July 16, 2015

Day 88 - Mile 1206.2 to 1221.4

July 11

I had the perfect spot for watching the sunrise this morning. I was on a ridge looking east. It was the sun on my tent that woke me up. I missed the sunrise but probably needed the sleep. 

My pack is too heavy. I should have left more food in Sierra City. But I also know I need to be getting more calories. It's so hard to figure out what is enough and what is too much. Even after three months. 

There were lots of beautiful lakes today. I think I stopped and took pictures of all of them. 


I found the perfect lunch spot. After I ate, I stretched out on a fallen tree with my head on my tent and feet on my backpack. Even fell asleep. It was wonderful. 

I was feeling a little lonely today. A few hikers passed me early in the day, but I was mostly on my own. The trail was nice and there were a lot of beautiful views. 


I didn't go as far as I had wanted to today when I came upon some campsites near water. There were no campsites listed at the next water sources. I decided to play it safe and stop for the night. Two Canadian couples that I had met at the trailhead at Sierra City were camped on the other side of the trail. 

Shortly after I got set up Colo and Highwater joined me. Both Highwater and I thought we had met before, but had no clue where. Before I went to bed I realized that he was the guy who pulled Liz and I over the snow bank at the top of Forester Pass. 

My lower back is starting to bother me on the right side.  Same pain as I felt on the left side after Donahue Pass. I think it was the weight of my pack and the rocks I had to walk on out of Sierra City (I was favoring my left side on the rocks even though my back had not been hurting for a couple of days) that caused the new backache. 

No comments:

Post a Comment