Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Day 83 - Mile 1120.4 to 1140.7

July 6

I need Liz to get me moving in the morning! One of the many reasons I need her. I get up at the same time, but don't get on the trail too quickly. 

Beautiful day today. I made it to Barker Pass in pretty good time. Stopped there for a snack and ended up staying longer than I planned. There were picnic tables, cell service, a pit toilet and people to talk to. 

Great views of Lake Tahoe when I got further up the trail. Had lunch at the Granite Chief Wilderness boundary after climbing up many switchbacks. 



Hiked he backside of Alpine Ski area. It was the backside of the backside and it took forever. Or so it seemed. 

Lots of wild flowers today and there scent was strong. A very sweet scent with something pungent mixed in. I love the smell of dirt and pine needles, but this was a very pleasant change. 

The clouds starting moving in this evening. I had watched them over the lake most of the afternoon. I really wanted  to make it to a campsite in Squaw Valley and the weather held up for me. In fact no rain at all.

I made 20 miles today! Yay!!

1 comment: