Tuesday, June 30, 2015

6/30/15 Liz update

It's nice to be home but I'm anxious to get back on trail. I know I need to have a higher calorie, carb, fat diet and I'm working on that. Losing 19 lbs was not what I wanted, or needed. I've already got three young men willing to go, including my son. I know I'll be in good hands considering they're all Eagle Scouts. We'll start with weekends and see how many miles of the PCT we can do. 
I saw my podiatrist yesterday, I felt he should see what hiking 942 miles can do to feet. I'm still having constant nerve pain and my right foot has been painful for 3 weeks so he ordered a X-ray. Found out I have a stress fracture, go figure, so we can't hit the trail for at least a month. I can't believe how much my poor feet have suffered, and I thought it would be my knee that would be the problem. 
See you on the trail. 

1 comment:

  1. I think you did awesome. I need to hear about all of it. Beer soon?

    ReplyDelete