Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Day 69 - Mile 941.6 to 960.02 - Mel

June 22

I left Tuolumne Meadows this morning around 10:30am.  Hiking alone was different.  Don't know how many times I wanted to comment to Liz about something. I think because of my odd departure time I did not see any PCT hikers today. I passed some people going to Glen Aulin and some southbound hikers, so I had some people to talk to.  Fortunately I have enough Dodge blood in me to appreciate the solitude.

Hiking was pretty easy.  Most of the trail was level.  My back felt a little better after a day and a half off.  I stopped at Glen Aulin High Sierra Camp to eat my lunch.  Started climbing a little after that.

Finally found a place to camp around 7:30pm.  Decided to try cowboy camping my first night.  I don't think I could have gotten my tent stakes into the ground if I wanted to, plus I didn't have the energy.  

I actually got in 18 miles which I wasn't expecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment