Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Day 47-5/31/15-Liz 573.4-592

We had a beautiful view of the stars and moon last night, we know because we didn't sleep very well. Night hikers kept walking by talking and shining their lights on us. Oh well. We were on the trail by 6am and got to the water cache by 10:30am, 10 miles of hot dusty trail with 4 dirt bikes racing by at one point. One snake crossed our path and we were startled to see one lone black cow off the trail. 
We managed to find a shady area, along with five other hikers, to wait out hot afternoon. I really hate hot weather. My feet aren't swollen, good.  But there's a lot of pain in the right foot that the Tylenol isn't helping at all, bad. 
We met yet another hiker from Wisconsin, Green Bay to be exact. He liked my packer shirt and took a picture. I can't believe how many hikers are from Wisconsin and Michigan. All nice kids.  We enjoyed our afternoon with the kids and headed back on the trail at 5 and finally found a campsite at 8:30.  My right foot was causing me a lot of pain and I truly thought if it keeps up like that I'm done. I'm out here to enjoy myself and have an expierence of a lifetime, not to have pain everyday. I was even tempted to take a Vicodin, I brought some just for emergencies, but that wouldn't solve my problem. At camp I ate dinner, washed my feet, and talked to them. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment