Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Day 52 - Mile 702.8 to 716.7 - Mel

June 5

Spent the morning trying to fit everything into my back pack. Quite the challenge. I should have gotten rid of some of my food, but I've been so hungry the last several days that I kept most of the stuff that came into Kennedy Meadows with me. 

We hoped to get on the trail fairly early but I had to wait for the store to open at 9am to mail some stuff back home. So we had a second breakfast of pancakes and coffee at the store while we waited. 

We're heading into the Sierras and it is a welcome change of scenery. Trees, actual water in the Kern River and mountains ahead to climb.

Right now we are in our tents. It started to rain so we set them up and had lunch. Don't know if we will make it back on the trail today or not. 
The rain let up so we continued on. It was pleasant hiking. Passed a couple of large beautiful meadows. Such a welcome change. 

Ended up camping on the beach next to the Kern river. Minty Fresh was there too we invited him to join us in a campfire and he did everything.  Boy did we luck out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment