Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Day 72 - Mile 990 to 999 - Mel

June  25

Lots of mosquitoes this morning.  My back was really hurting, so it took me long time to get camp broken down. 

Greg sent a text with a change a plans.  He needs to pick me up on Sunday afternoon/evening either at Sonora or Ebbetts Pass.  This was a blessing since I wont be moving too fast.  I'll have him pick me up at Sonora and then I can do some short days, maybe even take a zero.

Luckily most of the hiking was flat.  Next to a stream for quite a while and also through a beautiful meadow.  Saw At Home while going through the meadow.


I was thinking of stopping at Dorothy Lake for the night, but met some ladies that suggested that I go to Harriet Lake instead.  It's not much further.  I did stop at Dorothy for lunch and also jumped in the lake.  Clothes and all.  Not out of modesty, but to get at least some dirt off of them.


Didn't see that campsites at Harriett and ended up close to the outlet from the lake.  I quit hiking around 3:30pm.  It was very nice to get my tent set up, rinse out some clothes, make a cup of coffee and write in my journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment