Sunday, June 14, 2015

Another 2 passes, more weather and a delivery - Greg

On Friday the ladies made it over Mather pass and settled in after 15.6 miles total.

Today, the tracker battery was low, so there was no tracking and Melinda's text came late as they were setting up their tent in the rain (again) at 7:30 PM. I must confess there was a little nail biting on my part.

They conquered Muir pass and did a total of 18.56 miles today, putting them at mile 846.00.

Melinda said:

Stopped at 7:30 and had to set up in the rain. Did Muir pass - rain hail snow thunder and lightning.

I know they have had weather to deal with for several days, but the forecast today had a slight chance of showers in the morning and afternoon clearing. She said it was beautiful this morning but obviously it was raining later. Forecasting in the mountains is a dicey business.

Once again, the forecast is for clear conditions for several days - let's hope it holds up this time.

I hope they have been keeping blog posts to upload later once they get service. I'm sure they have stories to tell.

I will be meeting them at Vermillion Valley Resort (around mile 879 plus 6 miles off trail) to deliver supplies  probably Monday or Tuesday. I can't wait - I haven't seen Melinda for 2 months and that's the longest we have been apart in 30 years.

If anybody local wants to send them a card, a letter, or a care package just drop it by the house on Sunday if possible.

4 comments:

  1. WOW I finally remembered that you would be blogging and I just now got caught up, reading all posts form the beginning. You two are amazing. Is there such as thing as an honorary Eagle Scout award for women? If so I will nominate you! I hope your feet hold up and am looking forward to following the rest of your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Greg for the continued updates! I watch each day to read about their progress and adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I have too many tears in my eyes to type Greg after reading the end of this post. I can't imagine what it has been like for you watching those blue dots moving every day for reassurance. I am thrilled to hear you will see her soon. Give her a big hug from her Chico family and friends....we too are following those blue dots and their posts closely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was in the mountains at Paiute Pass (11,500') on Friday and Saturday and was subject to that rain and thunder the ladies had. I didn't get the hail and lightening, but it was sooooo bad looking on Saturday afternoon at 5 p.m., I hightailed it below the tree line, loaded all my stuff in the car and headed home. I'm impressed with Mel and Liz every day I read their adventures.!!

    ReplyDelete