Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Day 66 Liz 6/18/15 mile -932

Our last Pass before heading into Yosemite to see our families is Donohue Pass and you'd really think we'd be acclimated to the elevation and ascents so the climbs would be quick, but not really. We have gotten in better shape so we don't need to stop as often but every climb is still a challenge. 
I'm not eating as much as I need to and I've lost over 15 lbs. My energy level is low and each day is a workout. As we were coming down the Pass I had to step onto a boulder and ouch myself over it. As it turned out I didn't have enough strength to do it and I ended up falling back onto a rock. It didn't hurt since my pack broke my fall but it was an eye opener for me. I hadn't fallen before, tripped over the trail and kicked rocks for sure but never a fall. I've been noticing in the last week I've gotten weaker, not a good thing, and I've been thinking about my safety. The last thing I want to do is put myself in a dangerous situation where I could get hurt in the wilderness. 
The summit of Donohue Pass is the boundary of Yosemite, it was nice to see the sign. 

No comments:

Post a Comment