Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Day 71 - Mile 975.33 to 990 - Mel

June 24

The mosquitoes didn't go to bed last night.  I ended up having to put my head net on for half the night.  Other than that I slept as good as I do while camping.

Started out with a steep descent. Followed by more climbing.  Then down again.  It was tough terrain.  Very steep and rocky.  I lost track of how may ups and downs I did.  All I know is that it was at least 1000 feet at t time. I'm taking extra Ibuprofen today.  My back is not happy.  I'm supposed to be meeting Greg at Echo Lake next week for our anniversary, I'm just not sure when I'll get there.

Got passed by Skooter, Wallaby, Minty Fresh and Deep South.  It was great to see people I knew.  Skooter had heard a rumor that the trail was closed after Sonora Pass do to a fire.  I used the In Reach to get in touch with Greg to get details.  The trail was not closed, but smoky.

I quit hiking today next today at 6:30pm next to a stream.  Chose the spot because it was pretty.  Plus I didn't feel like I could go any further. 

Set the tent up tonight.  I also had the opportunity to rinse my socks out.  It's the little things that make me happy.

The mosquitoes are out in full force.

No comments:

Post a Comment