Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Day 70 - Mile 960.02 to 975.33 - Mel

June 23

I actually slept okay last night considering I was alone.  I figured I'd lay awake listening to every noise.

Had to climb Benson Pass today.  Only 10,140 feet.  Argh!  Both the uphill and downhill were hard on my back.  Ibuprofen is my friend.  As usual the views were lovely.

Did see some PCT'ers.  Of course they passed me.  I kept leap frogging a couple that are doing a section of the PCT with their daughter.  I enjoyed the company.

I did not stop at Benson Lake, but it looked beautiful.  Shortly after I passed the trail junction for the lake I had a stream to cross that was wide, and deep on the opposite side.  My only option to cross was a long log.  I really don't like crossing logs, especially alone.  Somehow I did it.  After that it was a 1000 foot plus climb.  Wasn't sure how far up I was going to make it, but I couldn't stop until I found a campsite.  Finally found one near a small lake at the top.  Cowboy camping again..



No comments:

Post a Comment