Monday, June 29, 2015

Day 67 to 68 - Mile 932.01 to 941.6 - Mel

June 20 - 21

Liz and I woke up this morning thinking it was time to pull off the trails.  Our bodies were feeling the last 900 plus miles and our families would be there to take us home. 

It was a very pretty and level (my back appreciated this) walk through Lyle Valley to Tuolumne Meadows.  We made a short stop and who should come up behind us but Snow White and Wallstreet.  I was so excited to see them.  Of course they flew by us.



Greg and Bodie picked us up at the store and drove us down to Lee Vining where Liz's brother Billy had a spot at the RV park.  We ate very well that night.  Thanks Billy,

Billy had a spot at Tuolumne Meadows the next day, so after breakfast in town we headed back up the hill.

Greg had questioned whether I was ready to leave the trail.  I have never backpacked or camped alone before and the thought of going off into the wilderness alone scared me.After much thought I decided to try to go on.  Couldn't have made that decision without the faith Greg and Bodie had in me. It was really hard to think about going on without Liz though.

Greg and Bodie had to head back to San Jose on Sunday and Liz's boys showed up.  I camped with them that night.  Dinner was tri-tip and homemade mac & cheese thanks to Billy.  He's trying to fatten us up!

No comments:

Post a Comment