Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Day 53 - Mile 716.7 to 733.32 - Mel

June 6

We're in the Sierras now!  Climbed to an elevation of 10,300 feet today. I had a very hard time. It was really hard to catch my breath. My chest was hurting some too, but I think that had to do with the weight of my pack pulling on it. 

I can't seem to get my pack adjusted properly. I think that has something to do with the fact that I have lost my hips somewhere in the last 700 miles. The bones are there, just no meat. I can't tighten the straps any more!

We stopped for lunch just over the top. Planned on a short stop since there were some nasty clouds. Got going quickly when we started to hear thunder. Fortunately the storm stayed to the south. It was nice to listen to. 

After getting water at a spring we hiked a couple more miles. The weather was looking nasty so we decided to stop for the night. As soon as Liz and I started setting up our tents it started hailing. Dinner in the tent tonight. While eating I noticed that Greg had sent me a 20 pack of tortillas. They weigh about the same as my tent. How did I miss that while I was packing them up? (The girl needs to eat - she was just complaining about losing all the meat on her bones! - Greg)

No comments:

Post a Comment