Sunday, May 10, 2015

Day 24- Liz 210-218.6

Thanks to trail angel Jane we were able to return to Ziggy and the Bear and not lose any miles. It was great to be on the trail again, but I did feel some trepidation knowing what we were hiking into again. We hiked through some beautiful mountains and canyons but the wind was incredibly strong and powerful. At times we had to kneel down or be tossed aside. Our trekking poles came in handy to steady us. This was truly the most powerful winds I've ever felt. Of course we had to put up our tents in it, comical. We would have cowboy camped except it's supposed to rain tonight and thunderstorms tomorrow. Hopefully it will only rain, I really don't want another zero day already.
My feet feel fine and no new blisters. Yippy. 
We're camped at white water preserve, it's beautiful and majestic. The cliffs and mountains surrounding us are indescribable, I feel so privileged to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment