Monday, May 18, 2015

Day 34-Liz 352.66-369 Wrightwood

We were fueled up from McDonald's and had a long climb in front of us so we kept going until we found a campsite that we could cowboy camp. We always find great sites during the day but when we need them at night they seem to be few and far between. We ended up setting up camp parallel to the trail across from Pilgrim( a hiker from Canada). 
That left us 17 miles for today to get into Wrightwood and pick up our supplies and find the house that we were staying in. Luckily at lunch I got cell reception and found out my cousin John was our angel and was driving from LA with our boxes and picking us up from the trailhead. Melinda's met my entire LA family now and she's been adopted into it. 
The hike had its tough moments with high altitude climbs and hiking through patches of snow and fog. We actually hiked next to the ski slopes for awhile . We've been dreaming of pizza and beer for the last few days and we were rewarded with a delicious meal of pizza and salad. We're fortunate to be staying at a cabin through a friend of Queen Kena and King Paella. Thanks Guys!  
This is a snow angel I made, without taking my pack off. I couldn't get up without Melinda's help. I felt like a turtle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment