Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Day 38-Liz 395.3-415.1

Beware of poodle dog brush, it's much worse than poison oak, ands it's everywhere today. It drains us mentally and makes the hike stressful as we dance around the trail to avoid it. 
We left Cooper Cyn Campground and vowed not to get lost, and we didn't. The weather is so strange lately, the fog rushes in then disappears just as fast. We never know what to expect. 
We stopped for the night on an extremely windy ridge, not by choice but by necessity. The next campsite would have been 3 miles down the mountain and it was getting late. We weren't sure if it might rain so we decided to set up the tents and that was quite entertaining. I was able to get mine set up after some struggling and I was able to help Melinda before her tent blew away. Steve and Mandy showed up as well as three other hikers within an hour. The wind was fierce and cold so Melinda an I retired to our tents and made our dinners and went to sleep. 
Everyday we see incredible views and natural beauty, how lucky are we?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the birthday wishes, darling Liz. I'm wearing the black sweats you gave me for my 80th. (Yikes now everyone knows). Your and Mel's journey is such an interesting read of two young women saying "Let's do this" .... what a challenge. I'm now getting used to the 'thud' I hear when peoples jaws hit the floor.' as I talk about you. I go into the bank these days and I'm greeted by a chorus of "How many miles?" Whew... Much love, Mom

    ReplyDelete