Monday, May 11, 2015

Day 27-Liz 235.4-251.35

Happy Mothers  Day to all the mothers out there. Melinda and I spent today hiking through the beautiful mountains of San Bernadino national park. The pine trees are ancient and gnarled, like me. So far the only wildlife are the constant lizards that dart in front of us all the time. I did hear a woodpecker this morning, reminded me of the one that kept attacking our cedar siding of our house in Iowa. 
We seen to have a routine of getting up by 6am and on the trail by 7:15, we need to work on getting on the trail earlier.
We're hoping to get into Big Bear tomorrow and resupply our meals. I'm still not eating as much as I should, I don't have an appetite. I'll see what I can get at the supermarket that might appeal to me. I need to add protein, carbs, and fat. It would be great if I could bring ice cream and beer, that I know I could eat and drink.
Lost another toenail, go figure, it was one I didn't think I would lose. If your keeping score I've lost four now, and I know another one is about to come off. It doesn't hurt but my toenails will never be the same, that's for sure. 
I can't take credit for this trail work of art, but it did make us smile. 

1 comment:

  1. not another toenail! well as long as your feet are still holding up, I guess that's what's important. Nice work of art! happy mothers day to you too.

    ReplyDelete