Sunday, May 10, 2015

Day 26 - Mile 218.6 to 235.4 - Mel

So I slept on the cement slab instead of the picnic tables thinking it would be warmer than the picnic table. Best nights sleep I've had on the trail, but.... The wind blew part of the night and it blew dirt into my left eye. Couldn't open it. Got the dirt out but I think it scratched my eye.

I hiked a couple of miles and decided to cover it with my bandana. I now understand what they meant in wilderness first aid about immobilizing the eye. At lunch Liz patched it for me. I probably hiked 12-13 miles with one eye. I wouldn't recommend it!

Fortunately the trail was in good shape.  Great views looking back towards San Jacinto and down into the Palm Desert area.   We passed through some beautiful country. Not that I saw much of it.
We followed Mission Creek up the canyon which was very pleasant. I was quite happy to get to a campsite. 


1 comment:

  1. Oh no! sorry to hear about your eye. But it's nice to see that your still smiling!

    ReplyDelete