Monday, May 18, 2015

Day 35-Liz Wrightwood

I thought California was in a drought, why are we always threatened with rain? One of the reasons we stayed put today was the forecast called for 70% chance of thunderstorms. We walked around Wrightwood a couple of times and met the local therapist, Reuben, at the coffee shop while we sat sipping our lattes. I know I need therapy but how did he know? People always want to talk to us about the PCT and somehow they know just by looking at us that we're PCT hikers.
Reuben will be taking us to the trailhead tomorrow morning so we can continue our journey. 
One of my hiking poles cracked a couple of weeks ago and duct tape isn't holding it together anymore, so I had to use epoxy to fix it. I seem to place my poles between rocks all the time, I'm not surprised this happened, I'm such a klutz. 
Our packs are heavy with all the resupply gear we got but it only gets lighter each day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment