Saturday, May 23, 2015

Day 36-Liz 369-384

We met Reuben at the local coffee shop at 7:45am an got a free cup of coffee for being PCT hikers, awesome. All along the trail many business's give us a discount and seem very happy to have us spend money. The trail Angels are great people that volunteer their time.  
Our morning hike was one long steep climb and my lungs were burning. The absolute best part of the day was reaching Baden-Powell Summit 9366ft. Baden-Powell was the founder of Boy Scouts and I'm proud I made it there. I took a picture of Griffens Eagle mentor pin next to the monument, very special.

The afternoon hike was up and down but the fog was incredible. I felt as if I was in a Grimms fairy tale and the wolf was going to appear and ask me the way to Granny's.
We stopped at Little Jimmys campground since neither one of us wanted to hike off the mountain in the fog. We met a couple from England, Mandy and Steve. Their idea of visiting America for the first time was to do the PCT, crazy. 

2 comments:

  1. There are thousands of PCT thru hikers this year, but a relative few who are maintaining regular blogs of their experiences. I hike a lot, up here in Washington, but can't abandon my wife for the time required to do the PCT. Thanks for letting me vicariously enjoy your hike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ladies, Just wanted to let you know that Chris made Eagle!!

    ReplyDelete