Thursday, April 16, 2015

Day 2 - Mile 11-23.27 -Mel

 On a ridge and I have no service so this post will be retroactive. Along with the pictures I tried to post last night. 

Went to sleep last night watching the stars and listening to the border patrol helicopters flying overhead. The sky was beautiful and I enjoyed sleeping under the stars. 

Woke up early to the sound of coyotes. So nice. We got up around 6:30, had breakfast and hit the trail at 7:45. I'm glad we got and early start because we had a lot of climbing to do. Nothing like what we face ahead but it was still tough. 

We played leap frog with three guys that we now refer to as the three amigos (not their trail names). Glad they were ahead of us at one point. They scared off a rattle snake. We still haven't seen one and I'm ok with that. They also gave me my trail name, Subway. 

We made the 9 miles to Lake Moreno around 12:30. Got water and had a great hamburger and beer at the Lake Moreno store. Great place. Very welcoming to hikers. 

We decided we wanted to get a little further down the trail and are camping on a ridge with beautiful views of the valley below. Can even see a little bit of the lake. Going cowboy again tonight.  

1 comment:

  1. Good luck ladies. I decided two weeks ago that I would like to hike the PCT thru hike. I am 53. You are both an inspiration!! I will be following your progress. Lisa - Silver Bay, MN

    ReplyDelete