Friday, April 24, 2015

Day 11 - Mile 144 to 151.9 - Mel

Woke up in the fog this morning. Tried to get packed up and out as soon as possible. 

I don't know if it was a low, heavy fog or a light mist, but hiking was cool and damp. Lots a climbing so the weather was great. Couldn't see much. 

Got to mile 151.9 about 10:30am and someone from Paradise Valley Cafe came and picked several of us up. 

Got the Jose Burger that I have been thinking about for the past few days. It was so good. 

We have decided to take our first zero day in Idyllwild. Liz got us the last room at the third place she called and then found us a ride with Lou and Tom the 18 miles down the road. They dropped us off in town and I found someone to drive us the short distance to the Fireside Inn. Once again, thank you trail Angels. 

I wish I were better at describing the country we have been going through. It's constantly changing and always beautiful.   So far this is an amazing experience, the hiking and the people we have been meeting. 

I've just had nice hot shower (the second since we left) with real soap and shampoo this time. And now 



No comments:

Post a Comment