Friday, April 24, 2015

Day 10 - Mile 127 to 144

April 23

Went to bed feeling sorry for myself last night. I miss Greg (Bodie too), my feet hurt and I had popped my blisters and it was disgusting!

It's amazing what a good nights sleep on a comfy bed (we had the sofa/daybeds) will do for you. Plus Wallstreet gave us some TP (2 ply not newspaper) and Wandering Bighorn gave us a some extra snacks.  I left in high spirits.  

We had a 600 foot climb to start with but it was overcast so we were comfortable. After that the hiking was pretty easy. We made it to Tule Spring around noon. Heard some thunder in the distance when we arrived and there were some pretty nasty clouds to the east. After we left the spring there was some pretty loud thunder to the south and east of us. Could see it raining south of us also. 

Started climbing again. Finally made it to some campsites aroumd 5pm. The wind was blowing and the ground is hard as rock. We got clever with rocks setting up our tents. If our tents don't blow over tonight it will be a miracle. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great adventure. I am the mom of Wallstreet (aka Ben) and came across your blog. I will follow your trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anne. We've tun into Wallstreet again in Idyllwild. His group is younger and faster than us but we hope to see them again up the trail.

    ReplyDelete