Friday, April 24, 2015

Day 9 - Mile 110.71 to 127 - Mel

April 22

No wind last night. Yay!  We took off 7:15ish. Overcast and cool for the first part of the day. There were also more trees and we followed a stream for awhile. 

A lot of climbing today. Of course the sun came out and the trees disappeared so we were back in the sunshine. Nothing to eventful. I'm building up my stamina but my feet are killing me. It was just a long hard day. 

Made it mile 127 where trail angel Mike has water and a place to hang out. We wanted to go to mile 131 but the weather was looking questionable and there was more climbing to do. 

There is a pretty big group of people here tonight. Liz and I are staying in shed with a three other hikers. 

Finally took the duct tape off my feet. They look pretty bad. Hated to put them in my sleeping bag with no socks but I want to air them out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment