Friday, April 24, 2015

Day 11-Liz 144-151

Yet again we are the windy ladies of San Jose. Last night I don't think we got an hour of sleep due the wind whipping our tents. Everyday we learn something new, I learned I hate tents. We hit the trail at 7:30 knowing we were going to Paradise Valley Cafe to pick up our first resupply box and eat an enourmous meal. We ate with fellow hikers and had a great time. We had to hitch 17 miles to Idyllwild but I was lucky and asked a couple that was leaving the restaurant if they were going by Idyllwild. Tom, Lou, and their dog Kieko gave us ride in their mobile home all the way and we can't thank them enough. Trail Angels are every where. We're taking a zero say to do laundry, shower, and rest our weary feet. 
I took a shower and tried to get all the dirt off. Even after shampooing three times and scrubbing with soap my towel was still filthy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment