Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Day 16-Liz LA

Two weeks ago I had beautiful feet, now both feet are in a sorry state. This was my biggest fear and I tried so hard to prevent this by hiking, breaking in the shoes and socks, seeing my podiatrist, and checking my feet everyday. The weight of the pack and the contast pounding of the trail and downhill was my  ultimate nemesis. Yesterday at Ziggy and Bear I couldn't even put on my boots so we decided a trip to LA, where I have family, would be best so I could see a dr and we had a place to stay. I saw the dr this morning and she said "Yikes, that looks like it hurts" understatement of the year. She drained the big toe nails, I'll lose those nails soon, debrided the wounds, and taped me up. I have to go back on Monday and hopefully she'll give me the ok to return to the trail. She told me to stay off my feet in order for new skin to grow back, I'll go crazy just sitting after hiking everyday.
As Melinda has kindly said , this is part of the experience but
It's one I'd rather not have. 

6 comments:

  1. I just prayed a big Prayer for both of you. If it is his will that you are back on the trail you will be. You need to be healthy and safe. Bless you both. Hang in in there Liz and I hope it all works out for you guys~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy reading your journal. My nephew Luke, age 17, is behind you. Just arriving Paradise Valley Cafe this evening. Take good care of those feet and hope you are able to return to the trail soon. Perhaps you will meet up with Luke at some point. I am so living vicariously through you two. This is an amazing journey you are undertaking. Best of luck. Look forward to your posts. Hiking sandels an option?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no! total bummer. Sending positive thoughts for those feet. Hopefully a few days of rest will help, as difficult as it might be, not like you have much choice. UGH!!! And Melinda's feet are ok? maybe she can carry you. :) hang in there. We're all pulling for you! -Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you decided to take a quick break from the trail. No shame or failure in resting for a few days. You women are amazing! Hang in there! We are so proud of you both out here in the blogosphere...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy reading your journal. My nephew Luke, age 17, is behind you. Just arriving Paradise Valley Cafe this evening. Take good care of those feet and hope you are able to return to the trail soon. Perhaps you will meet up with Luke at some point. I am so living vicariously through you two. This is an amazing journey you are undertaking. Best of luck. Look forward to your posts. Hiking sandels an option?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! Praying for fast healing!

    ReplyDelete