Thursday, April 23, 2015

Day 9-Liz 110-127

We had our first windless night since day one, I'd almost forgotten how quiet it can be when there's nothing around you except nature. It was incredible listening to the coyotes howling back and forth across the creek bed. We put up our tents in case the weather turns bad soon. Luckily tonight we made it to trail angel mikes, he offers water, shelter, and a place to chill. No one was able to open the shack until yours truly came along. I opened it the first try and got to pick the best bed. Melinda and I are now sharing the shack with five men. The younger ones are down the hill at the main house sitting and smoking pot. I'm in another world here.  The weather looks like it might rain, good for California, not good for hikers. I'm grateful for trail angels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment