Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Day 7-Liz 77-94.84

After a ride back to the trail this morning by Misty, our trail angel, we started hiking at 7. We met some others hikers yesterday at the rv park Lorraine was hiking and had her husband following in their rv, how cool is that? Of course the other people at the rv were from Washington State. Melinda and I are still climbing the San Felipe mountains in the scorching sun and watching every step we take so not to fall off. We found some shade under a large bush and had lunch and rested for about 45 minutes. Nap time good. We soldiered on until mile 91 and met up with hikers we've been leap frogging with and rested for about 15 minutes. New friends but feel like old friends. There was a water cache so we filled up one 2 liter bottle each and headed out to add a few more miles. We ended up at a ridge, yet again. But it was either stop here for the night or continue on to mile 101 to a campsite. Some hikers have no problem hiking at night but Melinda and I are not them.
We had another rattler encounter and this time it was Melinda who was in front. I was very proud of her, she hates snakes, but she didn't scream. She only retreated and did the snake dance. This snake didn't move so we hiked up the trail a few feet and went around. Fun times. 

3 comments:

  1. I have been following along daily and enjoying every post! You two be careful doing those Snake dances on those skinny steep trails!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Subway and SugarHigh! It's Lorraine . . . I can't believe I made it into your blog! :-) I'm home now and found your blog and was looking back to see how your trek was out of Xcrossing. Sorry to hear about your recent setback. You'll get thru this. The thing I remember most about you two was your fun-loving good spirits! Even back then your foot issues were beginning to set in and you remained so positive. You both are awesome!! When you told me that you cowboy camped before 100 miles I was in awe . . . respect! It would have taken me another 200 miles to get the guts to do that. I finished Section A and called it good . . . for now. Although I have to say, the trail is already calling me back. I'll have to catch up on your "excellent adventure" and will continue to follow along. Heck maybe I could meet you up the trail somewhere and do it the right way, with real thru hikers :-) I did have it easy with my trail angel following along, but at the same time you miss much of the trail's camaraderie. Take it easy, rest up and we'll see you back on the trail when you're ready ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorraine, good to hear from you. You know you could track us through our blog and meet up with us somewhere! Glad to hear that you finished section A.
      Subway

      Delete