Monday, April 13, 2015

Hitting the trail (almost)-Mel 4/13

I'm sitting at the airport with my plastic bag of gear waiting for my flight to LA. Liz already has the rest.

I hope I remembered everything!

It still hasn't sunk in that I'm going for a 2600 plus mile "walk". Probably a good thing or I might have burst into tears when Greg dropped me off at be airport. 

Got a cortisone shot in my right foot this morning so hopefully my neuroma won't bother me. I'm leaving the house in a complete mess. Greg is happy with that. He figures I won't notice if he and Bodie don't clean while I'm gone. 

I fly into LAX where Liz, her mom and aunt will pick me up. We then head to the San Diego area for the night.  They will take us to the trailhead tomorrow morning(ish). We hope to start hiking around 11am

My splurge item for this trip weight wise is the "prayer" necklace our church youth group made me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment