Thursday, April 23, 2015

Day 10-Liz 127-144

I slept cozy and warm at trail angel mikes last night. We got on the trail by 7:30 and hit a lot of downhill, which my feet protested greatly. The weather was overcast and the dark clouds roared with thunder and lightening. Luckily no rain came our way but we got our rain gear out and ready to put on if needed. I looked at it as a chance to get a free shower, since we smell horrible and have dirt tans. Tomorrow we hike off the trail to pick up our first resupply box at Paradise Valley Cafe, mile 151. I can't wait to order the Jose Burger, it's the talk of the trail as the best burger. I'll get a big salad also, I miss fresh veges. There's a long detour in this section so we'll probably hike to Idylwild and have a zero day. A shower, laundry, and feet rest sounds perfect. Both of us have painful blisters that need attention and rest. You can only prepare for so much, breaking in our boots and hiking in them with packs only goes so far. The reality of hiking the PCT is that everyone suffers from blisters. We had a hard time setting up our tents tonight since we're in an area with lots of boulders and solid ground. We had to use rocks to hold down the tent lines, and with the wind that was no easy chore. It might rain so no cowboy camping tonight, darn. It's not even 8:30 and I'm exhausted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment