Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Day 14-Liz 193-210

We made it to trail angels Ziggy and Bear after an incredibly long day. We wanted to meet up with my brother Billy and his fiancĂ© Kena at 1ish, they planned on bringing us lunch from my favorite chili dog place in LA, Pinks. We were on the trail by 7am and never stopped til we reached the bottom of the mountain, at 1pm. It was a grueling descent of 8000ft and I was thoroughly exhausted when we made it down. We changed the meeting place and all the hikers resting at the trailhead were very jealous when they heard what was waiting for us. We dined on chili dogs, cream soda, brownies, and veges. Kena and Billy can say they were on the PCT. Thank you for going so out of your way to visit us, much love to both of you. I haven't found my hiker hunger so I was only able to eat one dog and wouldn't you know it, the hiker I offered my second dog to is a vegetarian.  
Ziggy and the Bear are trail angels that open their home and backyard every year. Tonight I think there's about 25 hikers just relaxing and talking. It's only 8:35pm but almost everyone is already in their sleeping bag, including me. 
Just lost my first toenail getting into my sleeping bag, unfortunately it won't be the last. 

1 comment:

  1. Billy and I were so excited to see you and Melinda and bring Pinks (a little comfort food). Hang in there and we look forward to seeing you guys in Wrightwood!!! Love you bunches!!!

    ReplyDelete