Sunday, April 19, 2015

Day 6 - Mile 70.84 to 77 - Mel

April 19

Should have gotten an earlier start this morning but it was so nice being on the hillside while the sun was rising, drinking our coffee and listening to the Beatles.   Several hikers that stayed at Rodriguez Spur Road passed us by while we were breaking camp.   We didn't leave until 8am. It was hot, dry and no wind. And a lot of up and down. 

We were heading to Scissors Crossing where there was supposed to be a water cache. Almost there we saw a sign for Stagecoach Trails.  Besides having a primitive cabin for $20 they also have showers and laundry!  Looking at the hill we had to climb we decided to find a way there. When we got to the road Misty, a trail angel, was there and we got a ride   We are now clean and our clothes are in the laundry. It will be a "nero" day and life is good!

4 comments:

  1. Wish you both strength, good luck and lot's of fun!!! What life changing experience!! One day I will be there too. Emira

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally in awe of you. I'm just here at my dumb desk, reading all the cool stuff you two have done to plan and then take action! Good luck. I'm following you all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog from the PCTA website and I'm excited to follow along your journey! My husband and I plan to hike the PCT together once our youngest is off to college. Until then, we'll be living vicariously through folks like you who post blogs for their hikes. Best of luck! -Jill in San Diego

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading, following, thinking of you every day ... bursting with pride.

    much love Mom (joanna)

    ReplyDelete