Friday, April 17, 2015

Day 4-Liz

We thought we were so smart not camping on a ridge again but...a canyon isn't smart either. All our water froze overnight but I was still warm in my sleeping bag. We had a great time in Mt. Laguna at the general store talking to other thru-hikers. I got my trail name there after some trail angels had a cooler full of soda and I drank one and I was energized to the max. I'm now Sugar High!  We hiked thru beautiful desert and chaparral. No snakes but we see lizards and one deer. Everyone we've met has been so nice. Evidently you have to be from Washington State to do the hike. So far only one other person we've met is from California. I met a woman from my husbands state of Wisconsin, small world. I'm having an incredible journey, thank you to all of you that made it possible. If you have a chance please check on my son and husband. 

No comments:

Post a Comment