Saturday, April 25, 2015

Day 12 Liz zero day in Idyllwild

Sometimes we have brilliant ideas and this unscheduled zero day is truly one of them. It's 1:30pm and its pouring outside.  We slept well and was able to go the the local laundromat early and ran into Wandering Big Horn and new friends Pillow Talk. The laundromat gave free soap to PCT folks but our clothes still smelled after the wash. Pillow Talk are a married couple alittle bit older then us from Grants Pass Oregon. The gentleman twisted his ankle the very first day but he's  pushed on, impressive. 
We enjoyed a coffee and danish at the local bakery, hence the picture. We're back in our room sorting thru our resupply boxes like kids opening Christmas presents. I'm giddy getting another role of tp paper, it's the little things that make us happy. I haven't tried the rock, stick, or leaf cleaning method yet and frankly I don't plan on it. My luck I'd use poison oak...ouch. I called trail angel Scott and he'll pick us up tomorrow at 7 and take us to the trailhead to began our next trail segment til Big Bear City and meeting up with my mom and Aunt. 
My feet are still sore and the blisters under my foot pads are still oozing but I plan on soldiering on. 
I'm asking all the guys we meet on the trail if they were Boy Scouts and the overwhelming majority were. Some are Eagles and they say their moms pushed them and theyre glad she did. If you're listening scouts, these guys know how to backpack and have the necessary outdoor skills. I'm proud to carry on this trip an Eagle Scout mentor pin. I plan on taking it all the way to Canada. 
Thank you all for your comments. If you have any questions feel free to ask. We're learning things everyday and passing on the info is fun for us. 

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your posts and daydream about what your days must be like out there on the trail. The blisters don't sound fun but the rest of your stories do! Thanks for the tip on pushing the boys for their eagle, I think Kevin is in need of some pushing right about now. Glad to hear the trail angels are treating you well! are you tired of eating the dehydrated food yet? I understand why you would not want to sleep inside a tent with all that wind you were talking about, but sleeping out in the open…well that sounds kind of scary!

    ReplyDelete