Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Day 2-Liz

We survived cowboy camping and headed out on the trail at 7:45 feeling good. It was already warm by 8 so we hiked slow and steady. The chaparral and manzanita is beautiful. We learned to take acouple of longer breaks and rest. The 3 amigos, we have them their trail name we in front of us which we greatly appreciated when the rattlesnakes and other snakes crossed the trail. We got to lake Moreno at about 1 and got to sit at the store and have lunch and drink. We bought the guys beer for their chivalry. We felt like we hadn't done enough miles, only 9, so we headed out again. We're now at a ridge at mile 23.37 and are stopping for the day. We smell horrible, our feet hurt, and the flies are are around us, but all I can think about is the wonderful sunset I get to enjoy tonight. Oh yea, I didn't throw up today. 

5 comments:

  1. Good luck ladies! I'll be living vicarious through your hike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to this everydsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Billy and I are checking the blog everyday for updates. We will be in Wrightwood with bells on and with your care packages!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So proud of you two! I've never read anyone's blog before, yours is my first and I can tell you that I don't think I will ever read another that will compare. Eagerly awaiting the updates :) Way to go ladies! All the love, Baby Bro

    ReplyDelete