Friday, April 17, 2015

Day 3- Liz mile 23.34-37.74

Since we began our trip a day earlier then we planned we're making sure not to overdue it. Quite a few people have already complained of twisted knees and painful feet.  We're trying to add more miles each day without hurting ourselves.  We camped last night on a ridge and it felt like someone turned on a wind tunnel. The wind was howling and we had to get out of our warm sleeping bags to corral anything that wasn't in our packs. Melinda lost her sleeping bag compression bag. I'm glad we cowboy camped, I can't imagine what our night would have been with our tents blowing all night. The hike today offered great views of valleys and mountains. I'm not a fan of heights and didn't enjoy hiking along the edge on the mountains with the gusty wind. We had only one snake on the trail and I'm proud to say Melinda didn't scream or do the snake dance. We finally stopped at Long Canyon ford for the night. I had a wonderful hot meal. Tomorrow we should get to Mount Laguna and enjoy lunch before heading out for a few more miles. 
Melinda's trail name is Subway, the three amigos named her after seeing her subway bag on her pack. I'm still waiting for mine. We've met Rainbow Dash, Bat, Shriek, Aquanut, and Little Bear. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm living precariously thru you. I have people at work watching your progress as well

    ReplyDelete