Sunday, April 19, 2015

Day 4 - Mile 37.74 to 52.7 - Mel

April 17

It was cold last night.  Liz's watch said 27 when we woke up around 6:30. The water in my 2 liter bottles was frozen.  I slept warm enough except for my feet. I should have used the liner. 

We climbed out of the canyon on our hike to Mt Laguna. Went  through a pine forest which was a nice change of scenery. 

Stopped at the Outfitters and General Store in Mt Laguna.   Every one was friendly and there were lots of hikers in town already. Saw some familiar faces and met some new people. 

The hike out of Mt Laguna took us back into a barren landscape. A lot of scrub brush, rocks, dirt and steep mountains. It's absolutely beautiful. Then in the middle of all this desolation you'll find a beautifulittle wild flower. My decription does not do the landscape justice. 

Stopped for the night with other hikers at a water source.

Almost forgot we passed mile 50. 

No comments:

Post a Comment